1.11.08

All wide-eyed like the rest.



Did you know that hockey players with wide faces tend to be more aggressive than players born without such gifts? Do you know how I know this? Because that is what Canadian scientists do with their time, They try and figure out ways to accurately scout the tendencies of hockey players, (I'm assuming to bolster their own teams in the office pool).

So basically, they did a study that found that players with a large width to height ratio were more proned to taking penalties than those without. They figure the wide face may have evolved as a way of signalling aggresive behavior. I figure there has to be a better things we could have these guys researching. Do we have a cure for cancer yet? No? Oh, well maybe we should settle down on the hockey sciences until we open a few more doors on that end. I don't know, maybe I'm just a bleeding heart liberal that way.

Read more about it at LiveScience.com here. It might have some more good insight. I wouldn't know, because I didn't read the whole article, but I did need to go to the bathroom. So I guess they even out.

No comments: