30.9.08

Jeff O'Neill leaves hockey to pursue acting career.



Former Carolina Hurricane star Jeff O'Neill has signed on with ABC Family Network to star in a new Sitcom titled "Hockey Dad". He will team up with TV vet and hockey fan, Peri Gilpin who will play his ex-wife and new boss.
"It's a honour to be working with Jeff on this project. I was a big Whalers when
I lived back east, and I still bleed the Hartford green" -Gilpin

The show revolves around the head coach (O'Neill) of the minor league San Diego Cranes, and his two teenage daughters. The series is set to air Saturday nights starting this January.

NOTE: Actually, there is no TV show. I just couldn't write another Petr Nedvedesque blog post on how some washed up semi-hockey star has been cut from his try-out team half way through training camp. I figured it was better to write that than "Alcoholic bum too fat to skate?".